NYC Police Commissioner Ray Kelly: “I think the American public can accept the fact if you tell them that every time you pick up the phone it’s going to be recorded and it goes to the government. I think the public can understand that.”> more ... (1 comments)
NYC Police Commissioner Ray Kelly: “I think the American public can accept the fact if you tell them that every time you pick up the phone it’s going to be recorded and it goes to the government. I think the public can understand that.”
Continue reading »
“Republicans care just as deeply about the environment as Democrats but we also care about jobs,” he added. “We want common sense regulations to be balanced with economic growth and jobs.” — Rand PaulUm, yeah, how’s that working out? I guess not so well. 5 out of the 10 most polluted states are deep-red
Continue reading »
I swear to motherf’ing jeebus that the Obama administration STILL THINKS that he will someday win over some Republican dead-enders. How else do you explain the DOJ appealing a Judge’s order that Plan B be made available to girls of all ages without a prescription?
In December 2011, Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of health and human services, blocked a decision by the F.D.A. that would have allowed morning-after contraceptive pills to be distributed to young teenagers over the counter. She said there was not enough data to show that the drug would be safe for girls as young as 11 years old. Instead, over-the-counter access was limited to girls and women aged 17 or older.
In his ruling last month overturning Ms. Sebelius’s decision, Judge Korman was highly critical of the Obama administration, saying it had put politics over science and health. In that ruling, he called Ms. Sebelius’s action “politically motivated, scientifically unjustified and contrary to agency precedent.”
Last week, the F.D.A. agreed to allow the sale of the drug to girls 15 and over, even as the administration sought to appeal Judge Korman’s earlier ruling.
Judge Korman said that move by the F.D.A. was an attempt to “sugarcoat this appeal of yours,” according to The A.P. He also suggested that the administration’s decision to appeal his ruling could have dire consequences for young women. When a Justice Department lawyer asserted that a delay of Judge Korman’s order was in the public interest, the judge replied, according to The A.P., “Is there a public interest in unwanted pregnancies … that can often result in abortions?”
Can we please get a real liberal in the White House sometime in the next 100 years who doesn’t continue to buy into the unicorns-and-puppydogs notion that Republicans will ever stop calling him Hitler? Please??
Lev’s post about Obama’s frustrating “me-too!” obsession with deficits put me in mind of a cartoon I’ve always wished someone would come up with. … So I just came up with it myself.
Today’s case of omgareyouseriouslyfuckingkiddingme-youridiculousmediaassholes:
A number of readers have raised questions [ed: FAINT!] about the president’s statement that he goes skeet shooting “all the time”… In these suspicious times, they would like to see some evidence. But the White House has been oddly silent about the matter.
OMG! Questions have been raised! The White House is being SILENT!! Bring this man some smelling salts!
For those of you who haven’t seen the Standard Media Playbook, here’s what happens with bullshit like this:
- WaPo asshole shoots a quick inquiry into the White House on the earth-shatteringly-important question of whether Obama is lying about his skeet shooting claims – in the face of exactly ZERO evidence to suggest that.
- White House aides receive WaPo asshole’s stupid fucking inquiry and then proceed to laugh and pass it around to friends and loved ones to spur similar bouts of hilarity.
- While said White House aides are languidly enjoying themselves, WaPo asshole rushes out an OMGZ ALARMS! “Fact Check” article, which makes dark and insidious insinuations about those mean White House aides who are TOTALLY IGNORING MY SERIOUS INQUIRY, GUYS! SERIOUSLY!
- WaPo asshole’s fact check article predictably (MOAR DELICIOUS LINKS PLEASE!) stirs up the Right Wing Outrage Machine to Level 10 (,000,000!!), and wingnuts breathlessly bemoan how President O’Stalin McHitler is like totally plotting secret FEMA death camps under the code name “America Skeet Shoot” because Jesus.
- White House aides check the intertrons at some point and see WaPo asshole’s stupid fucking fact check. They then send him an email with a photo showing Obama skeet shooting (which, presumably, WaPo asshole could have found himself by searching said intertrons) with a subject line reading “Are you serious? Suck on this.”
- WaPo asshole posts the photo as an “update” to an article that remains titled: “The White House’s curious silence about Obama’s claim of skeet shooting”. Thus, the whole stupid fucking exercise will be enshrined in the Articles of Impeachment that Eric Cantor is drawing up as the 438,311th count of High Treason.
No wonder so many people choose to completely ignore politics and the media bullshit surrounding it.
[A proposed Tennessee law] includes a provision requiring teachers or counselors to inform the parents of some students who identify themselves as LGBT.Seriously. This is what they spend their inbred little minds’ time obsessing about… Heartless fuckheads.
- Potential Hair Raiser!: The Blog Farm
- PcFr.net: Pay No Attention To The Man From The NSA Behind The Curtain
- Library Grape: No, No, No! I Not Do It 'Til Daddy Tells Me To! ...Waaaah...
- Library Grape: Let Them Eat Cat Food: Santorum Calls For Americans To Suffer More
- vegasjessie: Dangerous Fundamentalism: The Taliban and the American Tealiban
- Fox News Has a First Amendment Right to Lie – Updated
- Quote of the Day: Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged
- One Of These Things Is Just Like The Other…
- Pay No Attention To The Man From The NSA Behind The Curtain
- Will Someone Just Give David Brooks His F*cking Reader’s Digest and Metamucil Already!?
- My Brain Being a Man’s Brain
- And Just How Do We Feel About Cory Booker?
- I Know You Are, But What Am I?
- Little Children Walking With the Wind
- Quote of the Day: All We Have To Do Is Convince Our Customers They’re Wrong
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (42)
- April 2013 (36)
- March 2013 (56)
- February 2013 (42)
- January 2013 (71)
- December 2012 (67)
- November 2012 (40)
- October 2012 (44)
- September 2012 (35)
- August 2012 (39)
- July 2012 (36)
- June 2012 (35)
- May 2012 (42)
- April 2012 (42)
- March 2012 (64)
- February 2012 (71)
- January 2012 (67)
- December 2011 (57)
- November 2011 (72)
- October 2011 (63)
- September 2011 (55)
- August 2011 (53)
- July 2011 (44)
- June 2011 (71)
- May 2011 (91)
- April 2011 (101)
- March 2011 (104)
- February 2011 (96)
- January 2011 (71)
- December 2010 (73)
- November 2010 (59)
- October 2010 (80)
- September 2010 (64)
- August 2010 (39)
- July 2010 (46)
- June 2010 (27)
- May 2010 (54)
- April 2010 (34)
- March 2010 (38)
- February 2010 (47)
- January 2010 (62)
- December 2009 (57)
- November 2009 (72)
- October 2009 (76)
- September 2009 (50)
- August 2009 (85)
- July 2009 (56)
- June 2009 (141)
- May 2009 (103)
- April 2009 (113)
- March 2009 (66)
- February 2009 (43)
- January 2009 (87)
- December 2008 (18)
Wine Labels2012 Election 2012 Elections Abortion Barack Obama Bullshit Bush Christianity Congress Conservatives Democrats Economy Fail Foreign Policy Fox News Gay Marriage Hatred Health Care Ignorance Insanity Iran Law LGBT Issues Libertarianism Lies Media Mitt Romney Music Paul Ryan Policy Polls Quotes Racism Rebuttals Recession Republicans Right Wing Sarah Palin Scandal Stupidity Teabaggers Torture Truth Video War Crimes War on Terror